NUTRITION COUNSELLING FOR:
Eating Disorder Recovery and Re-Establishing a Positive Relationship with Food, Exercise, and Body Image
Who I help…
Individuals living with:
- ARFID (Avoidant Restrictive Food Intake Disorder)
- Binge Eating Disorder
- OSFED (Other specified feeding or eating disorder)
- UFED (Unspecified feeding or eating disorder)/ Disordered Eating
- A long history of dieting that are looking to leave diet culture behind and establish a positive relationship with food, exercise, and body image
*please note: a formal diagnosis is not required in order to receive nutrition services as nutrition counselling is centered around treating the disordered eating and exercise behaviours, rather than the diagnosis.
Client Intake Criteria
- 12+ years of age (parental consent required for those under 18)
- Medically stable enough to receive out-patient treatment
- Ready, willing, and able to dive into eating disorder recovery work
- Self-referral or referral from a medical health professional is acceptable (referral notes are not required)
- Team-based treatment: ideally receiving additional medical monitoring from a Physician and support from a mental health professional (i.e. psychotherapist)
What to expect…
Initial Nutrition Assessment
Nutrition intake forms are completed before the appointment. The initial assessment appointment includes a deep dive into your current eating and exercise habits as well as medical history. You will be asked about your thoughts and feelings related to food, exercise, and your body. Brittaney will spend this time getting to know you and your nutrition needs so that an individualized nutrition plan can be developed.
Follow Up Appointments
Education on meal planning, gentle nutrition, self compassion, self care, and mindfulness will be used to assist you as you work to eliminate your disordered eating and exercise behaviours. Nutrition focused aspects of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) are used along with Motivational Interviewing (MI), so that each client feels empowered, successful, and in control of their ED recovery journey. You will leave each session with goals that you will continue to work on daily.
In order to optimize treatment outcomes, Brittaney also frequently collaborates with the other members of your treatment team .
Receive 1-on-1 nutrition support customized for your eating disorder recovery.